Thursday, April 18, 2013
Rainfall prediction – Part 3 (Immediate rainfall)
The previous parts can be read here:-
Part 1:- Rainfall prediction – Part 1 (On pre-rainy season observation and GarbOttam)
Part 2:- Rainfall prediction – Part 2 (On Solar ingress into Arudra, Aries and other signs + Yearly prediction)
Starting from the month of Chiththrai (solar month of Aries), sudden pre-monsoon showers can be expected. Though they also have a connection to the meteorological conditions that were prevalent 195 days before, there are certain tips to find out whether sudden, instant rains can be expected shortly before that in a given place. An over-cast sky is not a sufficient indicator for rains. When the rains are impending, the flora and fauna will behave in certain ways. Even small kids can pick up the change in the climate for an immediate rainfall. Nature also would look differently. In this article we will see such features written in astrological texts. These features are known as 'Nimittha' – the 'indicators'. These are relevant in the thick of rainy season too, to know if it would rain in a few hours' time in a particular day.
· If the ants, when undisturbed and on their own accord leave their hole carrying their eggs from place to place.
· Snakes climbing trees and having sexual intercourse.
· Snakes found to rest on grass blades.
· Cows running home to meet their claves.
· Cats scratching the ground.
· Chameleons seen on top of the tree, staring at the sky.
· Cows looking up at the sky or looking at the Sun.
· Cocks crowing in the day.
· Sheep reluctant to go out and shaking and raising their ears and kicking the ground with their legs.
· Dogs going to the top of the house and looking at the sky and crying.
· Fish jump from water suddenly.
· Forward movement of fish (These two indicators by fish are told in tanks and ponds. One has to observe in Fish tank.)
· Frogs croak suddenly in pre-monsoon period and incessantly in monsoon period.
· Birds found to bathe in watery particles/ patches.
· Tender leaves of plants and creepers found to grow with their heads (tips) pointed towards sky.
· Small children run around merrily shouting.
· The cloud which appears in sun-rise or at sun-set is in the colour of peacock, parrot or blue hues,
· Or glossy as China rose or lotus,
· Or in the shape of undulating waves, of mountains, of crocodiles, of bear, of fish (in these shapes)
· Or float layer over layer .
· If cloud appears all around white like chalk or like the colour of the moon and in the centre black like collyrium or glossy,
· Or appears in various shapes and presenting a shape of flight of stairs.
· If at the time of sun-rise and sun-set, there are seen rainbow, clouds in rod like shapes and a mock sun.
· If at the time of sun-rise and sun-set, the colour of the sky is that of the wings of the partridge and birds play around and make sound.
· If at the time of sun-rise and sun-set, white straight rays of the sun shoot out as if they formed so many out-stretched arms from behind the hills suitable for observation in western ghats or where there are hills.
· If at the time of sun-rise and sun-set, clouds near the horizon roar.
· Hills or mountains at a distance appearing to have a blue colouring.
· During the day, lightening appears in the north esat.
· Lightening appearing in the day time, red and straight like a rod.
· Appearance of a mock moon.
· Moon's disc having a circular red line.
· Moon's colour appearing to be that of honey or the eyes of parrot.
· In the rainy season, the rising sun appears dazzling or of the colour of molten gold or glossy or bright as cat's eye (gem),
· Or if the mid-day sun is felt exceedingly hot, there will be immediate rains.
· In the rainy season, if water is without flavour, sky in the colour of cow's eye, or clear without clouds, or if salt turns into water, or the atmosphere is still and there is no blow of wind, there will be immediate rains.
(To be continued)