Whenever I hear Modi making a speech or attracting the attention of the literate people like us, I am reminded of the 4-fold classification that Chetan Bhagat wrote in one of his articles.
Today in India there are 4 classes of people, the politicians, business class, literates with awareness (us) and others. Of these, the first 2 are very less in percentage of the total population but have high stakes in controlling the 4th class of people who make almost 80% of the population. We in the 3rd in the order are aware of the designs of the first 2, and cannot be manipulated by them. But with our votes we cannot make much difference to the vote tally of the parties. That is why they (politicians) do not bother about us but clamour around the 4th class and throw biscuits at them. That is what Rahul reveals in his speech.
In contrast Modi is addressing us (3rd class) and to some extent the 2nd class. But we two (2nd and 3rd) constitute a very less percentage of the electorate. How would the 4th class come to know of what Modi is and what he can do for them? Modi may have managed to reach out to the 4th class in Gujarat, but how is he going to reach to the Indian 4th class?
For that he needs media support and support of regional politicians. How much he (or BJP) has succeeded in these two? That would decide his or BJP's success in the hustling.
But the same cannot be told for other parties. Whether it is JJ or MK or Sonia they have a power to make their cadres to obey and do what they say. But your house looks like a chaotic house of rebellious children not wishing to listen to the elders of the house. As long as activism and political role do not match, this chaos would continue.
A credible party of non-corrupt and nationalist leaders who can replace the Congress -led government at the centre. Such a party must be capable of taking along the regional allies from different parts of India.
The following was written by me soon after the 2G scam broke out. In response to the queries of some BJP sympathisers and leaders, I wrote this highlighting the point that the BJP does NOT have a good horoscope, that it would become irrelevant in a few years time and that it has to re-constitute itself or initiate a new configuration as NDA-2 on an auspicious day which would make it powerful and be in power for the next 50 years. I believe that this mail from me was circulated to some of the top BJP leaders. The day that I suggested for a re-launch for the BJP came and it proved too good for P. Chidambaram as he was acquitted by the Saini court on 4th Feb, 2012, a day before the date I suggested for the BJP.
(My mail on BJP's horoscope sent on September 2011)
The Horoscope of the BJP.
- The lagna lord Mercury joining Ketu in the 9th,
- This combination getting aspected by malefics such as Saturn, Rahu and Mars.
- The manokaraka, Moon who also happens to signify home / family (the party members as a family) going into debility in the 6th (Rana, Runa , shatru sthana),
- Jupiter, the lord of Karma- Jeevana sthana going retrograde in a friendly sign
- Jupiter joining malefics in the 3rd signifying diminution of the bhava significances such as dhairya, veerya and kaarya siddhi thereby making the members of the party appear weak and helpless,
- The 6th lord (of enmity) Mars joining the 10th lord and aspecting the 10th house (of jeevana / karma/ capturing power)
- Venus, the lord of purva punya going into the house of losses in both Rasi and Navamsa