This is the 1st part of my interview to Pesu Tamizha Pesu Channel on issues around Kalki's novel Ponniyin Selvan.
I have answered the following questions:
* Does the story revolve around historical facts or are there imaginary elements in the story?
* Were Muttharayars related to Cholas?
* How the Chola dynasty got revived after Vijayalaya.
* Was it the same dynasty of the olden Cholas?
* Why the three Tamil dynasties were at war with each other for most times?
* Why were the Pandyas inimical towards the Cholas?
* Did Cholas follow Manu Dharma?
* Did they avoid punishing Brahmins due to Manu Dharma?
* Description of the Udayarkudi inscription and discussion on what it conveys.