Question – 46
To find out the unusual change in Time, let us begin to explore from the time of the end of Pandava-s exile. What were the events in the initial months after the Pandava-s returned?
To find out the events that caused the change in Time, let us begin from Ashadha Krishna Dasami when the Pandava-s ended their exile.
Lunar Ashadha month: (Sun in Cancer)
- Exile ended on Krishna Dasami (11th May, 3136 BCE)
- With 5 days left for the month to end, developing acquaintances and discussions must have happened.
- Proposal for marriage of Uttara, the daughter of King Virata, with Abhimanyu.
Lunar Shravana month: (Sun in Leo)
- Marriage of Abhimanyu conducted.
- After the marriage, intense discussion on ways to get back the kingdom from the Kauravas.
- Krishna and Balarama returned to Dwaraka.
Lunar Bhadrapada month: (Sun in Virgo)
- Pandavas began the preparations for war.
- Both Arjuna and Duryodhana went to Dwaraka seeking support of Krishna for the war. (It is also probable that this happened in the previous month.)
- After getting assurance from Krishna to send army to support his side, Duryodhana went on to meet Balarama. Balarama refused to side with anyone and expressed his inability to act against Krishna.
- Emissary of King Drupada was sent on a peace mission to the Kuru kingdom on a Pushya day. This was in waning phase (Krishna Paksha) of Bhadrapada.
Lunar Asvayuja month: (Sun in Libra)
- The peace mission of Drupada’s emissary sent on the Pushya day failed.
- This was followed by a peace mission by the Kauravas headed by Sanjaya to Pandavas. This also failed. There is no reference to any Panchanga feature for this date.
In the next month, that is in the month of Kartika, Krishna himself went to Hastinapura to broker peace between the cousins.