The rationale is that each day of the Garbottam in Pooradam in Sagittarius would have a bearing for the duration of sun's stay in every star starting from Arudra (Thrivadhirai) in the month of Aani / Gemini in the next year. This goes upto Moola in next Margazhi.
- · red sun in the morning and evening,
- · clouds surrounded by halos,
- · excessive snowfall.
- · rough and violent storms
- · tawny colour of the sun,
- · broken and imperfect halos around the sun and the moon,
- · glossy clouds moving across the sky
The above features ensure good 'conception of rainfall'.