Day 11 of Garbottam started around midnight of 7th January 2017 and ended around midnight of 8th January 2017..
The impact would be felt between 7th November 2017 and 19th November 2017.
(1) Wind:- Still air, occasional hot wind.
(2) Rain:- Nil.
(3) Lightening:- Nil.
(4) Thunder:- Nil.
(5) Clouds:- The sky was cloudless for most part of the day. Clouds look scorched by sunlight. Rarely small bunches of clouds, some in the form of fish were noticed.
(1) Terrestrial :- Behaviour of birds normal.
(2) Atmospheric :- (1) No breeze. (2) Hot and sunny day. 3) Not enough cloud formation.
(3) Planetary:- (1) Stars and planets appeared bright (2) All planets were in Southern declination.
Impact dates between 7th November 2017 and 19th November 2017.
Rainfall support features:-
(1) Jupiter – Venus conjunction continues in this fortnight which is known for supporting rainfall. But in the absence of Garbottam today, it is doubtful how this can facilitate rainfall. However if Daily Garbottam favours rainfall during this fortnight, some rains can be expected.
(2) On 8th November 2017 Venus comes out of Chithra star and enters Swati. From September 15th onwards, Venus had remained in adverse stars that spoil rainfall. That period ends on 8th November 2017.
(3) On 12th, 13th and 14th Venus would be crossing Jupiter. That must trigger some meteorological conditions or rainfall.
Rainfall spoiling features:-
(1) Mercury – Venus closeness is not happening during this fortnight. These two planets remain at a constant gap of 33 degrees during this fortnight.
(2) Saturn is the lead of all the other planets during this fortnight. This is a rainfall spoiler.
The Garbottam of today is a complete failure. Going by Margazhi Garbottam of 2016, this kind of dry run would not give rainfall in the impact period.
But there is a silver lining in the transit of Venus and Jupiter which must support rainfall from 2nd November to 26th November 2017. There also exists trigger in the form of transit of Venus crossing Jupiter on 12th, 13th and 14th November 2017. Wherever in the NEM benefiting regions there is good Garbottam today, there are greater chances of rainfall in those places in the impact period.
However if good Garbottam is witnessed in Chennai on corresponding Daily Garbottam dates there is chance for rainfall during this fortnight. The corresponding Daily Garbottam dates are 3rd, 4th and 5th June 2017. These dates must be watched for good Garbottam.