Friday, February 11, 2022

My talk on the authenticity of the Janamejaya Grant

On the day of Pushya Amavasya on 1st February, an event called "Nava Darushana" was organized by the Sri. Bhimakatte Mutt in which I was given the opportunity to talk about the authenticity of the grant by the King Janamejaya given to the sages in the same location 5034 years ago. The video of the event can be watched here. My talk starts from 49th minute onwards. I have spoken about the objections to the grant and given my counters to those objections. 



3 comments:

Supratik said...

Respected Maam, where will I find the English translation of this grant. Epigraphia indica or the Indian antiquary ? One gaujagrahara grant of Janmejyaya is there in the Indian antiquary 1879, Vol 7 which you told me via twitter.

Jayasree Saranathan said...

Check this link
https://jayasreesaranathan.blogspot.com/2021/06/epigraphic-evidence-for-year-of.html

At the end of this article given the link to my Medium dot com article where you will find the links you wanted .

Nanda said...

Dear Madam,

I was on trip to Georgia last week and got a chance to visit 4BC Temple (Gerorgian calling church as temple) and i took this photo,where Jesus is surrounded by 12 rasi's.

I am surprised to see this .

http://www.benjielayug.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Painting-of-figures-of-the-Zodiac.jpg