Thursday, January 25, 2024

Did Rama eat meat? (My talk in Tamil / Thanglishin Chanakya English Channel)

 Did Rama eat?

This question has blown up in the wake of the film Annapoorani and was hotly debated in Tamilnadu asserting that Rama did eat meat. Mr. Karti Chidambaram also tweeted certain verses from both Valmiki and Kamban that Rama ate meat.

In response to these views I gave an interview in Tamil that Rama didn't eat meat anytime during his vanavas. The only verse interpreted to mean that he ate before his vanvaas was also not true. The verses on cooking a black antelope before Rama entered the newly built parnashaala in Chitrakoot was to satisfy Bhuta ganas. I have cited Cheraman Perumal inscription to show why animal sacrifice is done to Bhuta gana-s. I also responded to Mr. Karti's version.

Requesting interested persons to share this video to dispel the wrong notion about Rama.

I will soon make this in English too. This topic will form a separate chapter in my upcoming book on the Date of Rama covering all contentious verses quoted by others to say that Rama ate meat.




No comments: