Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On Spirituality - Dr Balamurali krishna


(Nicely said)


Spirituality is a deeply personal experience


By M. Balamuralikrishna


( From "God and I" column, Deccan Chronicle, June 17, 2008)



My views on spirituality are very different. For me, spirit means power. There is some power that is responsible for the movement of the world, for the life of animals and birds and trees.


Also, spirituality is a very personal experience for me. It is not to be disclosed to anyone.


You cannot write about spirituality. You cannot even talk about it. It is entirely a personal experience.


If you have a headache, you can say that you have one, but you cannot describe the feeling. You can eat a sweet but you can’t describe the sweetness. What happens between God and devotee is an intensely personal matter. No one can ask about it, or talk about it, or put it in words.


I think that everything is God. God means power. But anything that has birth and death is not God.


We are not even in control of our sleep. When we see the sunset and sunrise, or the stars in the night, we don’t know how they came to be there or why.


There is no good or bad, right or wrong. The spirit is the power. I may call that power my mother, or Rama or Christ. For some people the priest is God, for someone else his wife may be God. Each person has a personal equation with God.


I don’t know much and I don’t want to know. I leave it to Nature.


Padmabhushan Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr M. Balamuralikrishna

is a renowned Carnatic vocalist



No comments: